ColorTec Acrylic Water Based Pigmented Sealer
Water Based Concrete Sealer (Colored)
Pigmented WB is a 30% solids, water based, low VOC, strong binding, "wet look", color, satin acrylic sealer for vertical or horizontal cementitious surfaces. Contains a hybrid, self-cross-linking, acrylic resin with built-in water repellents and tenacious penetration and adhesion. There are no wax or silicone additives in the SureSeal. Pigments are specifically formulated for UV stability, will not blush, and retain long-term gloss retention, easy to clean.
SureSeal Pigmented WB was designed to not delaminate due to constant exposure to freeze and thaw cycles during the spring and fall seasons of certain environments and color instability due to Ultra Violet light exposure.
Your finished water-based colored acrylic exterior paint will last longer than a typical acrylic sealer ever could, with the color staying more vibrant, even after long periods of UV exposure and the elements.
Pigmented WB May Be Used For: Residential Pool Decks, Indoor Patios, Outdoor Kitchens, Residential Driveways & Sidewalks, Commercial Outdoor Walkways, Property Management Exterior, Stairwells, University & College Campus, Themed Stadium Floor Paints, Custom Floor Murals, Themed Retail, Floor Designs, Commercial Pool Areas, Themed Resort and Recreation Parks.
Recoats Pigmented WB may serve as an excellent choice to reseal or refresh an existing decorative concrete project. The surface should be cleaned with a pressure washer and SCR.
Packaging: 1 gal. (3.8 L) pail or 5 gal (18.9 L) pail
Coverage: Varies upon substrate: approximately 150-300 ft2 per gal.
How To Use:
- Any Surface that will be sealed must be completely cleaned and free of any contaminates. It must be fully cured, fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that the temperature stays between 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit and that there wont be any type of precipitation in the area for a 24 hour period
- Mix the sealer for three minutes to make sure that the pigment is fully mixed in with the sealer.
- Apply with an EpoxyGlide roller, a pump sprayer, or a non-aerosol sprayer. Be sure to apply in thin, evenly spread layers.
- Regardless of application method, backroll with an EpoxyGlide roller to cover all seams and to get an even spread.
- Two coats are typically suggested for any exterior sealer, with the second coat being applied in the same manner as the previous (at least 24 hours later).
Frequently Asked Questions About Colored Water Based Concrete Paint:
Q: Can ColorTec AcrylicWB™ Colored Concrete Sealer be used as a single-coat system?
A: Technically yes, however, it is not suggested. For the best hide and substrate protection, use two thin coats of this sealer.
Q: Will ColorTec AcrylicWB™ Water base colored concrete paint sealer self-level and fill small holes?
A: No, acrylic sealers were not designed for this purpose.
Q: Will Pigmented WB Colored concrete sealer survive the freeze/thaw cycles in my area?
A: Most likely. This is what this product was designed to do, but extreme exceptions do apply.
Q: Does the Low-VOC nature of Pigmented WB Colored Concrete Paint eliminate odors as well?
A: Almost completely! This is one of the main attributes of any water-based coating system: little to no odor!