Polyurethane Solvent Based Clear Concrete Sealer. DK400. High Gloss
Solvent Based Polyurethane Clear Coat for Concrete High Performance
Polyurethane SB from SureCrete
For Interior use Polyurethane
Polyurethane Solvent Based Concrete Sealer is 2-component 51% solids, acrylic aliphatic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing clear coating for interior concrete, cement-based overlays, or as a top coat on epoxy systems.
The high-performance polyurethane clear topcoat generates the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance that is both user-friendly and extremely durable. As a vertical wall coating it enhances anti-graffiti properties.
Polyurethane sealer is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
Coverage: Approx. 300-400 sq. ft. per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods).
! For Matte Finish please mix the Polyurethane Solvent Based Sealer with Matting Agent for Concrete Sealers (2-4 scoops per gallon)
How To Use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed must be fully profiled and etched. It must be completely clean, and free of any dust, and any other contaminates.
- Make sure the temperature will stay between 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit and that the relative humidity stays below 75%.
- Pour 1-part B and 4 parts A into a clean mixing container and mix mechanically for 2 minutes. (The kits are premeasured to this ratio).
- Use an EpoxyGlide Roller or any other premium de-fuzzed phenolic core roller. Roll out a thin coat over the desired area, and backroll the entire surface to remove roller marks.
- 2 Coatings are suggested with interior projects. Once you can walk on the first coating, the second is ready to be reapplied in the same fashion
- An optional step is using a sacrificial wax coating to extend the life of the floor and add slip resistance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dura-Kote High Gloss Clear Floor Polyurethane Solvent Topcoat:
Q: Can I use just one coat of Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB?
A: Yes, but for the best results, we highly recommend using two thinly applied coats.
Q: Will Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB self-level and fill small holes?
A: Yes, slightly. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer but is not strong enough to fill large voids.
Q: Can Dura-Kote Polyurethane SB be used outside?