Border Stone Mold PS 4020
BORDER STONE MOLDS
Application areas for borders stones include residential terrace, schools, traffic and pedestrian walkways, road embankments, industrial and commercial buildings, landscape for open and closed court yards, churches and mosques.
- Border molds produce smooth and high quality border stones and paver tiles.
- Different patterns of border stone and tile molds are available for precast concrete process.
- Border stones and tiles can be manufactured with minimum infrastructure and prior experience.
- Border molds are in different shapes (square, rectangle and interlocking) and sizes.
- Stone thickness 2" (5 cm);
- Stone Width 8.5" (21.5 cm);
- Stone Length 19.75" (50 cm).
PS 4020 Stone-casting Instructions
Always apply release agent to your mold prior to casting concrete.
PS 4020 mold casting weight is about 19.37 lbs. (8.8 kg.)
We use this 1:2 cement to filler ratio mix : (you can also mix 1-part Portland cement to 3 parts sand [filler], but plasticizer and water has to be re-calculated by cement weight)
6.46 lbs (2.93 kg) Portland cement (white for light stone colors, gray for dark stone colors)
12.94 lbs (5.86 kg) Sand (20-30 mesh recommended. Silica sand or "all-purpose" sand works great)
25.83 oz (0.7 L) Water (We recommend water to be 20%-30% of cement weight.) (If your mix is too liquid, use less water.)
1.03 oz (29.32 g) Super-plasticizer (Superplasticizer's dosage rate is 0.5% -1% of cement weight. We are using 1%)
For best result always add dry pigments to your mix prior to adding the water. Mix concrete with pigment and additives for a few minutes, then add water (mix at least 3-5 minutes). You can also add Super plasticizer to the water 10-15 minutes prior to casting, then mix with dry ingredients.
Please note: Concrete minimum mixing time is 3 minutes (it takes a few minutes until Super Plasticizer absorbs into the cement and start reaction)
To color different molds sections, brush oxide pigment over the selected sections, then cast the concrete.
Cover the mold with plastic while it is curing. Remove the stone from the mold in 12-24 hours.