Chopped Basalt Fibers
Chopped Basalt Fibers 1" ( 6-LB bag)
Chopped Basalt Fibers used to strengthen concrete pour and castings Basalt Fiber is an alternative to steel and fiberglass. Stronger and 90% lighter than steel. Chopped Basalt Fibers do not chip off and stronger than fiberglass. Basalt Fiber has a superior thermal Protection.
Basalt fiber provides many benefits and applications for the precast concrete:
- Greater impact resistance
- Increased flexural strength High flexural strength.
- Does NOT clump or or ball during a mixing
- Basalt fiber is Alkali resistant in concrete and do not requires special coatings
- Does NOT induce electrical fields or conduct electricity
- Does NOT absorb water
- Perfect for marine environments and and anyplace corrosion is a continuous concern
- Basalt Fiber is high thermal resistance
- Available in 6 lb bags