Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12 Solvent Based
Concrete Countertop Sealer XS-PC12 is a specially formulated food safe, solvent based polyurethane sealer designed for application over completed concrete surfaces (concrete countertops, cement-based terrazzo, GFRC, etc.). Countertop Sealer XS-PC12 provides a low-VOC (400 g/L), penetrating film forming, color enhancing, high gloss surface. Although suitable for residential applications, XS-PC12 creates commercial grade abrasion resistance for the Xtreme Series materials and concrete countertops, fireplace surrounds, shower panels, floor tiles, wall panels, etc. In addition to excellent scratch resistance, XS-PC12 is heat resistant to over 300 degrees Fahrenheit (149 degrees Celsius). It creates a polishable surface that can achieve a mirror finish. Countertop Sealer XS-PC12 resists most household chemicals and culinary items. It's two component structure is 59% solids by weight and UV stable.
XS-PC12 becomes food safe upon curing.
- Cast Kitchen Counters
- Casted Furniture
- Concrete Outdoor Kitchens
- Cast Shower Panels
- Lightweight Wall Panels
- Precast Decorative Pieces
- Cast Building Accents
- Concrete Floor Tiles
- Concrete Planters
- Bath Cement Vanities
- Integrated Kitchen Sinks
- Integrated Bath Sinks
How To Use:
- Any surface about to be sealed must be completely cured, profiles & etched. Also make sure it is clean and free of any contaminates.
- Pour ONE part B into a clean mixing container, followed by TREE parts A. Mix for two minutes.
- Pour out the XS-PC12 onto your surface and spread with a high-density foam roller, making sure to only work on area that can be finished in about 4-5 minutes
- Backroll each work area until it becomes tacky to the touch
- When it is dry to the touch, you can apply your second coating. (Repeating steps 2-4)
- After 24 hours, the surface is ready for light use, and is fully cured after 7 days.
Packaging: XS-PC12 "A" - short filled quart can, XS-PC12 "B" - short filled 1/2 pint can
Mixing Ratio: 3 parts "A" to 1 part "B"
Coverage: Approximately 100 sq. ft
Frequently Asked Questions About XS-PC12 High Gloss Casting Sealer:
Q: Will PC-12 Make Concrete Food Safe?
A: After the full cure is achieved in 7 days, the sealer is completely food safe.
Q: How long do I have to wait between coats of XS-PC12 Concrete Sealer?
A: Only until the sealed surface is dry to the touch and not tacky. If allowed to sit more than 12 hours, the surface will need to be sanded with 220 grit sand paper to ensure proper adhesion.
Q: Do I need to use multiple coats of XS-PC12 Gloss Sealer?
A: Technically no, but for full, proper protection, we highly recommend using two coats on any finished surface.
Q: Can PC-12 Be Used Outside on an Outdoor Kitchen Countertop?