Epoxy Flakes Floor Kit 200 sq. ft.
Click Image for Gallery
Epoxy flake system for garage floor coating.
Epoxy Flakes Floor Kit includes:
- 1 Gal kit of a Primer coat;
- 1 Box of Flakes;
- 1.5 Gal. kit of Top Coat. Available in WaterBased Gloss Finish or SolventBased High Gloss Finish or Polyaspartic.
How Do You Apply GlobMarble Garage Floor System with Epoxy Floor Flake Chips
- Level the floor with a floor grinder or self-leveling concrete.
- Make sure your concrete floor is not retaining moisture. Test this by taping a 2’x2’ plastic sheet to the floor, and leave it overnight. If there are water bubbles under the plastic, the concrete is retaining moisture.
- If the area you are working with is any larger than 200 square feet, mark 200 square feet by starting at the wall, and marking your endpoint with blue painters tape on the wall. This will make sure you don't use too much or too little product for your desired result.
- If the walls have already been painted, use blue painters tape around the edges where your wall and your floor meet while leaving a 2 millimeter gap above the floor.
- Mix part A & B of GE-100 Floor Epoxy at a 2:1 ratio. Add one of our epoxy pigments that match the color of your flakes.
- Squeegee the epoxy onto your 200 square foot area. Be sure to wear spike shoes!
- Backroll the epoxy with an EpoxyGlide roller (roll it on blue painters’ tape beforehand to remove loose fibers).
- Throw the flakes into the air and let them fall onto your epoxy (chicken feeding motion). Cover the entire floor with flakes evenly.
- Once it cures, (usually 12-24 hours later) vacuum the leftover flakes. You could also scrape vertical flakes with a trowel.
- Mix, pour and roll a topcoat to seal your flakes.