What is the difference between Plastic and Rubber concrete stone molds?Which molds are better for making concrete stone?
Most companies supply molds made of thin and fragile PVC plastic or poly plastic, which due to their poor technical characteristics cannot reproduce the texture details of natural materials. Plastic molds have smooth surface and due to that cannot reproduce roughness and relief of natural stone. Besides, after 10-30 casts they usually wear out and become unusable.Globmarble’s rubber molds made of two-component polyurethane or silicone rubber proved their high quality and durability. The rubber molds
are designed to produce many parts and will last you many years by using a little common sense and incorporating a maintenance plan. Another advantage of rubber molds is elasticity, which means that when ready the products can be easily extracted from the molds without any additional equipment like warming basins and extraction mechanisms.Advantages of rubber molds over plastic:
- Rubber Molds are durable (more than three hundred castings)
- Rubber Molds does not require formwork, in the matrices and a snap
- Rubber Molds does not require demold vibration table
- Molds can have an internal surface, as dull and glossy.
- Molds made out of the liquid rubber that hardens to mold and recreate all natural stone texture and grain detail.
- Plastic Molds made out of the hard plastic sheet that is heated and formed via vacuum.
Due to the fact that Rubber Molds
start our as a Liquid and Plastic Molds star out as a hard surface plate, only Rubber Mold can recreate natural stone textures and undercuts Molds accurately recreate every detail of the product, reproducing all products textures and perfectly reflecting the most complicated reliefs of natural stone.
Order one of our sample molds
and try it yourself.